Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thai Gourmet Restaurant


Storefront
Originally uploaded by EatingVideo
Thai Gourmet Restaurant is minutes from my house and we frequently get take out and occasionally eat in. There are always several tables occupied when I go in which makes me happy, keeping the restaurant busy and patronized gives me hope that they will be succesfull and remain so close. The staff and owner are very friendly and accomodating. I went for lunch with my wife and where once again very happy with the food.
We ordered the steamed pork dumplings

Steamed pork dumplings

Very savory served with a thick dark soy sauce.
Also the Nuamtoc

Nuamtoc

Grilled sliced beef with chilies, lime juice and cilantro, over a bed of lettuce. (I love the Salad section of this restaurant, really dishes to be shared, but could double as a main for anyone)
My wife also ordered the Spring Rolls with Shrimp, served with an outstanding peanut dipping sauce (missed the pic)
I had the Tom Kha

IMG00060-20110104-1243

Coconut soup with mushrooms, onion, cilantro and spring onion with tofu. This is really our go to restaurant in our family. The owner runs the front of the restaurant is pleasant and accomadating of tastes and strange requests (I bought a small bin of spring roll dipping sauce from him for a party once.)
chech out the RTD write up


Thai Gourmet on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

veron said...

I gotta try this restaurant. I read the review on RTD and it seems like I can request very authentic dishes. The squid on their website looks sooo good!

pjpink said...

looks delicious. next time I am in Ashland I need to check it out.