Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Eating and Playing

I spent two weeks in Vancouver with my wife, (well Vancouver for 8-9 days and 3 days in Seattle.) I had to attend a conference in Vancouver and we decided to make a vacation out of it. Had a great time, great restaurants, incredibly kind and hospitable people in Vancouver. The food highlights were the fresh markets, Joe Fortes Rest, Dim Sum at The Imperial, and breakfast at Cafe Artigiano. I don't think we had a bad meal though. In Seattle we love The Pink Door and were greatly impressed with the wait staff there. We also liked Serious Pie a relatively new pizza place.

I haven't finished Halo 3 yet as real life interferes. Having said that I have managed to play and finish Portal, and I think I am close to the end in Halflife ep2. Portal by far has caused the biggest commotion in my house, my kids think the commentary is hilarious, and the lines have made their way into our daily vocabulary. The game itself is fresh and fun. I hope they plan on expanding it and I look forward to user mods on the PC.

No comments: