Monday, January 12, 2009

Date night dinner


plated and mid dinner
Originally uploaded by chuborupert



My wife and I are trying to have one quiet dinner a week when both the kids are at practice simultaneously.

Last week we went out, this week I cooked. I stopped at the supermarket on the way home and settled on some lamb shoulder chops with zuchini and radichio. I hollowed out the zuchini and sauteed the removed portion with garlic, shallots, parsley, lime zest, epazote, salt, clove, allspice and pepper. I deglazed the pan with water and oyster sauce.

hollowed out

I then blanched the hollowed out portion and stuffed them back with the sauteed portion. Then finished it in the oven.

blanched and filled

I marinated the lamb in garlic, salt, sugar, parsley, pepper, and lime zest with olive oil and lime juice.

marinating lamb

I then pan fried it on high heat and finished it in the oven at 400 deg f, for 8 minutes (because 10 sounded too long)

pan seared lamb

I then let it rest, as I prepped the radichio

the lamb resting

I cleaned the radichio and decided to serve it warm and dressed.

vegetables

I dressed it in the leftover zuchini sautee and the lamb marinade. I warmed it in the pan the lamb came out of the oven in.

looks good

I served it with shaved parmesan

warm radichio salad

We served dinner with a wine of my wifes choice, very good

Date night

Over all a great dinner.

No comments: