Sunday, January 18, 2009

sous vide


sous vide
Originally uploaded by chuborupert
I figured I would try my hand at a different style of cooking, I've never done this before, and I'm not sure It was worth the effort. The end product was good, but I'm not sure It wouldn't have also been good in a more traditional way of cooking. Having said that of all the indredients the carrot came out the winner in taste.

I put
Veal shanks
bell pepper,

sous vide

carrot,

sous vide

rosemary,
garlic,
cilantro,
shallots,
olive oil,
salt and
pepper.

In a ziplock bag, evacuated all the air and placed it in pot with simmering water

sous vide

I cooked it for 90 minutes then browned the shanks in a pan.
I didn't get any good pictures of the final product. the meat and vegetables take on a strong herb flavor cooking this way. Very similar to confited vegetables. I will contradict myself and say that I may try to cook some more vegetables this way.

No comments: