Monday, October 6, 2008

Meat and Potato


meatballs in pan
Originally uploaded by chuborupert
I got this idea from an absolutely fascinating show, "After Hours with Daniel" It can be found on Hulu.com, and also on MojoHD.com or if you are really lazy you can pay for it on itunes. The Aquavit episode Daniel Boloud makes Meatballs Fricadelle-Lyonnaise Style Served on a Bed of Crushed Potatoes and Caramelized Onions.
meatballs
I made my version by browning the meat balls (ground beef, salt pepper, cumin, parsley, oregano, garlic olive oil; if I did it again I would mix in some pork) with white potato which I parboiled with salt and celery seed, caramelized the onion in butter, salt, sugar,pepper and garlic in the same pan as the meatballs, then layered potato, onion and made a little well where I placed the meatball. 20min at 400 deg farenheit. And it was good.
baked meatballs and potato

No comments: