Monday, January 18, 2010

Potato Soup


soup
Originally uploaded by EatingVideo
My wife really likes potato soup and I make it once or twice a winter, it keeps well frozen. My recipe changes a bit each time but I don't think I've totally screwed it up yet.

I typically use a ham stock, this time I boiled 4 smoked ham hocks with an onion, 3 garlic cloves, pepper, and a carrot.
I made the stock the day before and the next day I cut up the ham hocks

soup

I tried toasting the skin over some day old bread with only fair results (I was hoping for something like a pork rind but they stayed kinda gummy the bread was good though)

soup

I boiled some russet potatos (I usually cook around 1-1/2 per person which guarantees a lot of leftovers)

soup

I roasted the the same volume of yukon gold potato cut up with the ham hock

soup

I put together the soup by pureing the russet potato in the ham stock with a bit of cream, then added the roasted potato, ham, and a big crouton from the failed pork rind incident. The result...

soup

1 comment:

Borinkeando said...

esa sopa de papas se riquísima!! que buena oportunidad de que se pueda comprar hasta por internet, verdad? Si tienes la oportunidad comprate un jamoncito Ibérico es sabroso!!