Friday, November 4, 2011

China Poblano


china poblano
Originally uploaded by EatingVideo
During my trip to Las Vegas I made a point of checking out Jose Andres' China Poblano. I loved it, so I ended up eating here twice, once alone the second time I dragged three friends with me. I have eaten tapas at Jaleo and the tasting menu at Cafe Atlantico in DC, both very good but I found China Poblano as a more fun dinner, the menu is amazing with both chinese and mexican dishes and some fusion of both.
They run 3 kitchens, the open chinese

chinese kitchen

The open mexican

tortillas

and a closed kitchen in the back. I think they also service the Vegas version of Jaleo which sits one floor up. (both these restaurants are in The Cosmopolitan hotel)
Here are some of the dishes we had, Duck tongue tacos

duck tongue taco

very tasty but not very duck tasting, beef tongue taco with pork rinds

tongue taco

This was incredible.
A noodle and seafood dish titled shrimp nest, with veg and mushrooms

shrimp nest

Su Mai, good, but not the stars of the night.

sui mai

Beijing glass noodle soup, the broth was perfect.

beijing glass

Shrimp Mojo, I think this was my favorite

shrimp mojo

Seared scallops (i didn't try this but they looked good)

scallops

we got some greens, Green Beans with Lotus

green beans and lotus

Very tasty Tamal

tamal

Ok I was lying earlier, this was my favorite, the red pozole

pozole rojo

Great food, accompanied by the house drink the salt foam margarita,

salt foam margarita

Would strongly reccomend a visit if in Las Vegas.


China Poblano (Cosmopolitan) on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

EM said...

!Toma! Looks fun.