Wednesday, March 18, 2009

braised pork and Veg - Date night

This was a very prep and cook abbreviated date night, as I ran late at work. I went with a braised country style pork rib cut with preserved vegetables leek and fingerling potato.
The ingredients

3 country stile pork ribs
marinated in 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
tablespoon of sugar
teaspoon of salt
pinch of turmeric
tablespoon of oregano
teaspoon granulated garlic

The pork marinated in the mix of all of the above for 15 minutes.

braised pork and preserved vegetables

I browned the pork on both sides on high heat. Then I chopped and cleaned some leek. I boiled the top green part with the potato, and sauteed the white with the pork.

braised pork and preserved vegetables

I bought a selection of marinated vegetables, sweet peppers, olives, onions, artichokes and stuffed grape leaves to serve alongside.

braised pork and preserved vegetables

I quickly boiled some fingerling potato in salted water (around 10 minutes) then transfered them to the pan with the pork and the marinated vegetables, this all went into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes then served.

braised pork and preserved vegetables

The portions where distributed and plated

braised pork and preserved vegetables

Turned out great, once again served with a spanish wine Tricia picked out

braised pork and preserved vegetables

No comments: