Friday, March 13, 2009

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi


Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi
Originally uploaded by chuborupert
The temperature unexpectedly improved with an 80 degree day after a week covered in snow. We decided to cook and eat outside. I bought some lamb chops and quickly marinated them in garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, olive oil and lime.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

I seasoned some corn with olive oil salt and grated parmesan cheese and tied it closed again.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

I then went outside to greet an old friend.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

We neglected it all winter so far, but it is forgiving.
I Roasted the corn till the husks started to catch fire (first dried then browned then ignited)

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

and grilled the lamb.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

I took the lamb and corn back inside covered it with foil and let it rest while I made the gnochi with a rustic pesto. I boiled some premade gnochi (only takes like 2 minutes)

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

I chopped some basil, parsley and this nice black rind pyrinees cow cheese. I think from the french side. It is mild but with a little acid bite, background peppery.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

Another shot of the cheese

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

I toasted some pinenuts on a skillet and when the gnochi was done added some butter and all the ingredients, very little salt and combined.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

The cheese tended to clump a bit but still came out well.
I plated our dinner and we headed back outside. Tricia opened a bottle of red wine (I can't remember which, I think a cabernet/merlot blend) Total cook and prep time around 50 min.

Date Night - Lamb + Gnochi

No comments: