Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strawberry Jam


strawberry jam
Originally uploaded by EatingVideo
Remember the jam braised pork chops, well my daughter made that jam, and this (her favorite) strawberry jam. All I can say is that it is chopped strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and water. I always forget the quantities and proportions which clearly signifies that my wife and daughter are much better bakers, candy makers, jam makers than I am. I am much more likely to vary and inevitably screw up a candy, jam, bakery recipe. (cooking is much more forgiving).

She combines all the ingredients and cooks them down

girl cooks

till they get sticky and gooey (my terms)

jam

the girl actually spoons it onto a chilled plate and draws a line in it to test doneness

testing

and when it is done to her satisfaction she cans it.

strawberry jam

When I say she does it she is in charge, I supervise but this nearly 12 year old calls the shots. To her credit it is very good... (I would add some black pepper and strawberry brandy but that would probably screw it up).

its hot

No comments: